The Court which handles traffic ticket offences has come out with a comprehensive new update:
COVID-19: Notice to Counsel/Paralegals and the Public Re: Provincial Offences Act Matters in the Ontario Court of Justice (September 2, 2020)
Some of the important details include:
- Adjourned > in- person proceedings through to Friday, October 16, 2020
- Beginning Sept 28, 2020, the Court will hear all non-trial matters (e.g., guilty pleas, withdrawals, judgment delivery, first appearances, adjournments) remotely by audio conferencing.
- Judicial pre-trials continue to be held by audio conference.
- early resolution guilty pleas continue remotely by audio conference
- The Court will accept electronically signed documents where a signature is required.